Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Introducing KJ Emslie

I've been writing short stories on and off for the last two years without any direction or ambition. I don't as a rule believe in new year resolutions but I want 2012 to be the year where I finally pull my finger out and get more serious about my writing. As part of that I needed a new identity. You see my real name is Kevin James Anderson. However there is a very talented and successful author called Kevin J. Anderson and the world is not big enough for us both. I clearly would have ended the career of the 'other' Kevin J. Anderson (and yes his 'J' also stands for James), so I decided today to do the honourable thing and come up with a new writing identity.

My mum's middle name is Emslie, which was her own mothers maiden name. I've checked the name out and there doesn't appear to be any other authors called KJ Emslie out on the world wide internet web. I sought and was given the blessing of my mum. It's quite a weird feeling if I'm honest, but it is the right thing to do. It also feels like a completely fresh start, a blank canvas if you will.


No comments:

Post a Comment