Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

First submission

Today is the day that I finally submit 'something' to 'somewhere'. I've procrastinated for way too long. With work and other commitments my writing aspirations have been out on hold. I've been full of the sort of self doubt that I'm sure many writers have felt. My logic goes like this - if I don't share my work nobody can say it isn't good.

Then I got an email. An e-mail from a writer and someone who works with short stories every day, she even has even written a film script which has been filmed in Canada over the last couple of weeks. I sent her the second draft of my short, short story - 'Toni'. The feedback was very positive, overwhelmingly so. It was a surprise and a wake up call. I need to pursue this writing thing.

So here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment